West Lakes Physio – Sports and Rehab (formerly the Adelaide Crows Sports Medicine Clinic) has provided physiotherapy services to the West Lakes community for over 30 years. We have a passion for enhanced patient care to make the patient’s time in our clinic a positive experience. We value excellent teamwork, a positive, happy attitude and a willingness to learn to promote self-growth and the ongoing development of our business.
We seek an accomplished and enthusiastic Practice Manager/Bookkeeper to take care of all things financial and provide administrative support to our team. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with a broad knowledge and skill base and a desire to learn, grow and work as a part of a small and friendly team.
If you are looking for a long-term position with an opportunity to progress and extend your skills, this may be for you. This is a part-time position (16-20 hours) with flexible hours and would accommodate school hours Mon-Fri.
You will enjoy the support of the existing team for training and our external accountants.
Pay is above Award and will be negotiated based on skillset and experience.
- Using Xero to process Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Process fortnightly Payroll, maintaining the payroll function in compliance with the award and statutory obligations
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and petty cash
- General financial record keeping and compliance
- Monthly production of profit and loss, balance sheet reporting to Directors
- Preparation of annual budget
- Preparation, reconciliation and submissions of IAS and BAS
- Statutory payments for Superannuation, Return To Work SA etc.
- Preparation of year-end financial files for external accountants
- Office Management and working with two working Directors towards continuous improvement and growth of the business through improved practices and processes.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure the smooth running, maintenance and cleanliness of the clinic.
- Support to Administration staff which may include occasional reception cover
- Manage Licence renewals, Insurances renewals and claims
- Maintaining electronic files
- Assist the directors with staff recruitment, staff reviews and rostering.
- Assist the directors as needed with Marketing activities
- Work with and support other team members and service providers as needed.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Experience and qualifications you should have:
- Previous experience as an Administrator with a finance/bookkeeping/payroll background.
- Proficient in the use of Xero software and clinical software (Cliniko) is desirable
- Proficient in use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a small admin team
- Professional qualifications are not essential when there is good knowledge and long experience in the financial and administrative procedures involved. Bookkeeping and payroll experience are an advantage.
- You must have evidence of triple Covid vaccination or the necessary endorsed medical exemption to be able to work in a Tier 2 health care setting.
Personal and professional attributes you should possess and demonstrate:
- You are highly organised and able to work autonomously or in a team
- You can prioritise and meet deadlines, whether under pressure or self-directed
- You show thoroughness and attention to detail
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have a positive outlook and friendly disposition
- You have a professional approach to work and life and seek personal fulfilment in your work
- You adapt easily to change and are keen to learn new skills and systems
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Other skills or qualities:
- A strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated empathy for the needs of patients
- Experience with managing patients and liaising with referrers and suppliers in the private sector would be highly desirable
- Has a good understanding of the treatments and outcomes delivered by the Health Professionals within the Practice
For a confidential discussion regarding the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with suitable times and contact details for us to call you back.